Ms. Angie at The Artist, The Mom bestowed upon me my second blogging award ever! She is such an inspiration to me in real life and on her blog. I am flattered at the note she wrote about me and at being on her list. I went through the other bloggers she awarded, and am humbled to be included.
- I won’t be telling the things I really don’t want anyone to know. I’m a very private person. (That’s why this blog has been a huge deal for me.)
- Oh, my! I tell so much here that there isn’t much that I’d be willing to share on this little list that isn’t already known. I’m honest, so if asked, I answer questions honestly, and when writing about my life I am for the most part an open book. I think we are all in this life together to learn from one another. That’s the great thing about blogs too.
- I have things that I’d love to do/be, but fear I won’t get to do in this lifetime. (Some examples are: knitting on a regular basis and learning to use a sewing machine, owning a bookstore, owning a traditional foods cafe, being a doula or midwife, teaching yoga, and owning my own natural health/mama-baby store).
- My husband was only my third real boyfriend ever and my second serious one. We’ve been a couple since I was fifteen years old and we are best friends.
- I’m really shy and introverted unless approached by someone else to talk, then I can talk your leg off. I rarely initiate a conversation, and I’ve been known to hide because of being too nervous to talk. However, get me in front of a room of people to teach or speak on a topic and I’m good to go. I love public speaking. Though it can get lonely sometimes, I’m really comfortable being on my own… in my own little world. It’s something I think would be better if I could balance it out with some extroverted activities and IRL friends. The problem is finding those in the country for an at-home mama.
- I love heights. I love standing on cliffs. Going up in small airplanes is something I’ve thoroughly enjoyed since childhood. Rollercoasters are a blast. I’d bungee jump if given the right opportunity. I love a good thrilling ride, and the peace of being high up and looking out over earth.
Other Gorgeous Bloggers:
- On a Silent Sea – I adore Alisha’s transparency. This blog is open about a journey so many of us are not brave enough to take. In fact, I’ve always been one to shy away from actively seeking some kind of self-improvement until we moved back to the mountains. I always thought life would do it for me. Alisha is an inspiration.
- Homemade Serenity – This is a newer blog that I have found and fallen in love with. It’s comfortable at Simple Mama’s place. Her pictures are breathtaking, and her approach to life seems so pure. Her words are a peaceful read.
- Life in Slow Motion – I love finding like-minded people in the blogging world. (I wish I were finding more IRL.) This blog helps me realize I’m not alone in my goals, struggles, and triumphs as a mama. It’s a wonderful read.
- Green V Neck – I am enthralled by Deb’s sense of humor about everything. Give her a topic and she can make you life. Not to mention she is a homeschooling mama and we have many of the same goals.
- Fun Mama – She deserves this award for even attempting to be a fun mama. I love her willingness to share her discoveries with others.