After every exhilarating experience, is the period of being brought back down.  This week has been that for me.  I am working diligently to get my first class series on the way, but I am feeling the fatigue of all the mental and physical work that has gone on since the training.  I like hard work though, and I am so grateful.  A local chiropractor is hosting my first series, and I am so excited!  It is a blessing to me, and everything is coming together.  I can’t wait to be a “teacher” again!

Otherwise, we have our 5th big snow of the last two months.  I have to be honest here and say I am tired of that – beyond tired.  I had to get out in it yesterday and take myself to the doctor, which required a little hike to the vehicle.  Then, I had to drive 20 miles an hour, which is extremely hard for my wound up self to do.  John told me about 50 times to be careful and not rush.  I said that I wasn’t setting out to get myself hurt, but to go to the doctor.  We laughed.

So, it was no surprise to me that by the time I reached the doctor in the next county, that my blood pressure was a bit elevated, and I had the beginnings of a headache.  I have been having these headaches that radiate up the back of my head, and my neck constantly feels stiff.  The cold that I have been battling for nine days now hasn’t helped.  The doctor said they are tension headaches.  I’m not sure from where the tension is coming.  I wonder how much of that kind of thing is genetic.  If anyone has any ideas, please send them my way.  Yeah, I know, you’re thinking – a yogini having a problem with tension, that stuff must not really work.  I say, yeah, you’d think, but I’m still “practicing” and it is what relieves me most days.  It’s like magic.

The girls have decided that they don’t like snow.  Deladis is not happy at the large flakes falling today.  She said it’s too cold and she is ready for Spring.  Aren’t we all?  I’m pulling all the stops to keep them going through the days without too many meltdowns, but the last few have been harrowing.  Both of the girls have began their first period of tears shortly after waking the last two mornings.  Typically, I don’t have to think about that until the late afternoon.

Today, I pulled the rocking horse out of their bedroom, hoping to help them release some energy.

It helped for about 10 minutes.

Honestly, I don’t think any of us has too much energy left aside from the anxious kind.

This post seems like one big long whine.  I’m sorry.  I’m just tired.  I am also very grateful.  I am grateful for the ebb and flow of life, because there is no way we could last through any one period forever without becoming numb.  I am grateful for my two little girls and their leaps and bounds everyday.  I am grateful for a loving husband and best friend who takes taking care of us very seriously.  I am grateful that Spring is on the way and soon I won’t be blowing my nose a hundred times a day.  We will be planting a garden, playing on the back patio, and existing in Mother Nature beyond the 900 square feet of cabin.